So if you’re like us, Thanksgiving is always your “designated cheat day” right? And with the average American eating between 3,000-4,500 calories on Thanksgiving, obviously we aren’t alone. But what if there were some healthy alternatives that were just as yummy? Read on for five of our favorite healthy recipes that won’t leave you feeling like you missed out on anything but the calories.
1. Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes Welcome to the best tasting alternative to fat-loaded mashed potatoes. This Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes recipe will wow your guests with their crispy texture and roasted rosemary flavor.
2. Herb Roasted Turkey Breast The star of the show is always the “bird” and this heart-healthy, low sodium Herb Roasted Turkey Breast will not disappoint. Be sure to show it off on the table before you carve.
3. Herb and Apple Stuffing Everyone loves stuffing and this Herb and Apple Stuffing recipe is a low-sodium fresh take on a holiday classic. Tips for making it even healthier? Use fresh rosemary, whole wheat bread instead of white, and add some toasted almonds.
4. Holiday Roasted Vegetables Okay, so this Holiday Roasted Vegetables recipe is way better than your traditional salad. Earthy, nutty and filled with spices, this is exactly what fall should taste like.
5. Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole Is it a side dish or a dessert? We don’t care, we just love it. Once you try this Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole recipe, it will quickly become one of your go-to Thanksgiving dishes.